Simon English: Professional and private smartphone preferences
Thursday 21 March 2013
Outlook A drink in a City bar with trader folk. They aren't prop traders, not officially anyway, they just do clients' bidding. That's what they say until there are two glasses of wine in, anyway, when a slightly different story emerges.
It is noticed that since the last meet-up the traders have all swapped their BlackBerrys for iPhones.
Because the iPhone's got better trading apps, more financial info, says the junior trader.
Because the iPhone's better for getting video face-time with the kids, says the middle-ranking trader.
Because my wife is pregnant, says the boss, getting redder in the face by the minute. And?
Erm, the iPhone's better for downloading pornography in a hurry.
Your letters of complaint about how despicable these people are shall be treated with all due respect.
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 iOS 8 apps and features: eight iPhone settings you need to look at after you install the update
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Khorasan: Muhsin al-Fadhli - the man leading a terror group more feared by US officials than Isis
'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Alicia Keys leaks own nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 Per Annum Benefits + bonus: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: If you are...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40000: SThree: As a Recruitment Consultant, y...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...