Stephen Foley: A question of 'when', not 'if' – and not 'who'
Friday 22 April 2011
Outlook So the Greek authorities are investigating a stock-market rumour that it plans to use the cover of the Easter weekend to "restructure" – read "default" – on its debt.
What a futile exercise. Markets moved from the "if" to the "when" of default days ago, and everyone is debating it. There is not likely to be a single source at the end of this chain of Chinese whisperers.
The Greek authorities, surely, have something better to be doing right now.
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Heroin to be prescribed to Canadian addicts by doctors
Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
Charing Cross fire: Station closed and 100 evacuated over blaze on train
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
Revealed: the case against Bill Cosby – through the stories of his accusers
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
€80000 - €120000 per annum, Benefits: Highly Competitive Salary: Selby Jenning...
£40000 - £70000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Bonus: Selby Jennings: C# Dev...
$140000 - $160000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Employee Investment Scheme: S...
Negotiable: Selby Jennings: Business Development Manager Frankfurt Asset M...