Sunday 01 June 1997
Pork Belly prices slid 6.7 per cent as an increased amount of pork came on to the market in anticipation of increased seasonal demand for bacon in the US. Prices of pork bellies rose earlier this month on concern that supplies were too low as summer approached.
Orange Juice. Record supplies from bumper crops in Florida and Brazil have seen prices fall close to last month's four-year low.
Soybeans. Robust demand boosted prices this week. The National Oilseed Processors Association in the US crushed 25.5 million bushels for soybean meal and soybean oil for the week ending 28 May, against 22.5 million bushels the week before. Copyright: IOS & Bloomberg
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...