Cray Electronics confirms loss
Wednesday 13 December 1995
Cray Electronics, the troubled data communications company whose shares have collapsed following a series of profits warnings this year, confimed yesterday that it had made a pounds 14.6m loss in the six months to October. The loss compares with a pounds 10m profit in the same period last year. The problems were due mainly to costs and provisions incurred at Cray Communications, the computer network subsidiary, which recorded a pounds 4.8m loss in the half year.
The new chairman, Alec Daly, made a cautiously optimistic statement, saying that though turnover was 5 per cent lower, orders were ahead of last year. The shares closed 0.5p higher at 47.5p yesterday.
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £23250 Per Annum pro rata: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pro rata ...
£40 - 48k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join...
£45,000 - £65,000: Saxton Leigh: Our client is a well-known APAC Corporate and...
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Compensation and Benefits Manager - Compensat...