Cray Electronics confirms loss
Wednesday 13 December 1995
Cray Electronics, the troubled data communications company whose shares have collapsed following a series of profits warnings this year, confimed yesterday that it had made a pounds 14.6m loss in the six months to October. The loss compares with a pounds 10m profit in the same period last year. The problems were due mainly to costs and provisions incurred at Cray Communications, the computer network subsidiary, which recorded a pounds 4.8m loss in the half year.
The new chairman, Alec Daly, made a cautiously optimistic statement, saying that though turnover was 5 per cent lower, orders were ahead of last year. The shares closed 0.5p higher at 47.5p yesterday.
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
iJobs Money & Business
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A position has arisen within th...
£50000 - £63000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / D...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Applicants must hold a valid SIA Door Su...
£50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Business Analyst - Financial Services - The C...