Director tipped as next chairman quits Vosper
Thursday 26 May 1994
Dr Terence Harrison, the likely successor to Peter Usher, said pressure of other work, notably at the aero engine maker Rolls-Royce, meant he could not continue.
Mr Usher, who led the management buyout and flotation of Vosper, said he did not want to stay on 'for the hell of it' and hoped to find a replacement within a year.
The company saw turnover rise 22 per cent to pounds 239m in the year to 31 March. Although the order book was down pounds 200m to pounds 500m, Vosper was confident of winning at least one of three orders under tender. This includes a possible order from the Royal Navy for further Sandown Class minehunters.
Vosper is one of the country's largest publishers of technical books, supplying information on its own ships and data on the aerospace and utilities industries.
A final dividend of 12.7p makes 18p for the year, up 14 per cent. The shares were down 1p at 778p.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...