Does your company measure up? Rules and conditions of entry
Sunday 07 January 1996
(2) Groups of companies may apply if total sales figures comply with (3) and (8) below, but entries from selected subsidiaries are not eligible.
(3) Companies must be able to submit audited sales of a minimum of pounds 500,000 for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1991.
(4) Companies must submit sales figures for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1995. The most recent financial year end which will be considered is 30 June 1995.
(5) The accounts relating to the most recent period of trading as defined in (4) must show a pre-tax profit. Profit details will not be published or disclosed to other parties.
(6) To qualify for the separate Middle Market Award, companies must be able to submit either audited sales figures of a minimum of pounds 5m for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1991, or audited sales figures of a minimum of pounds 15m for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1995.
(7) The company's auditors must certify the information relating to sales, pre-tax profit and employee numbers given on the entry form, together with the status of the company throughout the period.
(8) Sales are defined as the value to the company (or group of companies) of goods and services provided, excluding VAT, out of the core company (or group of companies), together with any other companies which have been acquired during the five- year period; sales of associated companies and joint ventures should be excluded.
(9) Average employee numbers are to be calculated on a consistent basis to (8).
(10) The length of each accounting period must be stated for which sales, pre-tax profit and employees' details are submitted. Where the duration of the accounting period is not 12 months, the sales details will be apportioned unless more accurate information is supplied.
(11) Companies must submit a copy of their audited statutory accounts for the most recent qualifying financial period.
(12) The decision of the business editor of the Independent on Sunday is final in all matters concerning Business on Sunday's Independent 100.
(13) The Independent on Sunday reserves the right to publish the information supplied.
(14) Entry forms must be received by Julie Harwood, Business on Sunday's Independent 100, Price Waterhouse, Southwark Towers, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SY not later than Friday 1 March 1996.
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
Electronic waste worth £34bn piling up in 'toxic mine', warns UN report
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
iJobs Money & Business
£30 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Pricing Analyst with experienc...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£21000 - £24000 per annum: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged b...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, int...