Does your company measure up? Rules and conditions of entry
Sunday 07 January 1996
(2) Groups of companies may apply if total sales figures comply with (3) and (8) below, but entries from selected subsidiaries are not eligible.
(3) Companies must be able to submit audited sales of a minimum of pounds 500,000 for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1991.
(4) Companies must submit sales figures for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1995. The most recent financial year end which will be considered is 30 June 1995.
(5) The accounts relating to the most recent period of trading as defined in (4) must show a pre-tax profit. Profit details will not be published or disclosed to other parties.
(6) To qualify for the separate Middle Market Award, companies must be able to submit either audited sales figures of a minimum of pounds 5m for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1991, or audited sales figures of a minimum of pounds 15m for their financial year which ended during the 12 months to 30 June 1995.
(7) The company's auditors must certify the information relating to sales, pre-tax profit and employee numbers given on the entry form, together with the status of the company throughout the period.
(8) Sales are defined as the value to the company (or group of companies) of goods and services provided, excluding VAT, out of the core company (or group of companies), together with any other companies which have been acquired during the five- year period; sales of associated companies and joint ventures should be excluded.
(9) Average employee numbers are to be calculated on a consistent basis to (8).
(10) The length of each accounting period must be stated for which sales, pre-tax profit and employees' details are submitted. Where the duration of the accounting period is not 12 months, the sales details will be apportioned unless more accurate information is supplied.
(11) Companies must submit a copy of their audited statutory accounts for the most recent qualifying financial period.
(12) The decision of the business editor of the Independent on Sunday is final in all matters concerning Business on Sunday's Independent 100.
(13) The Independent on Sunday reserves the right to publish the information supplied.
(14) Entry forms must be received by Julie Harwood, Business on Sunday's Independent 100, Price Waterhouse, Southwark Towers, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SY not later than Friday 1 March 1996.
- 1 Israel-Gaza conflict: 'When Genocide is Permissible' article removed from The Times of Israel website
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Lost portraits of the Somme: 100 images of Tommies posing before they went over the top. Now can you help to identify them?
Israel-Gaza conflict: 'When Genocide is Permissible' article removed from The Times of Israel website
Mystery of the Siberian holes at the end of the world 'solved': Scientists offer explanation
Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£300 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Analyst, Forecasting, Halifax, Banking,...
£500 per day: Orgtel: Business Architect - Banking - Bristol - £500 per day A...
£200 - £500 per day + competitive: Orgtel: I am currently working on a large p...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...