Easdaq completes initial fund raising
Thursday 29 June 1995
Easdaq, the planned pan-European stock market, came closer to becoming a reality with the completion of an initial Ecu1m (pounds 700,000) fund-raising exercise by the market's promoters. The promoters, which include Nasdaq, the United States exchange, will use the new money to finance the market's first phase of development, including obtaining regulatory approval. The fund-raising exercise was oversubscribed and the promoters are confident of raising a further Ecu10m in two tranches before the end of the year. The market's other backers include ING, the Dutch bank that rescued Barings, and up to 50 stockbrokers and investment banks from Europe and the US.
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
iJobs Money & Business
£16000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Foreign Exchange Dealer is re...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + OTE + Incentives + Benefits: SThree: Established f...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE 40/45k + INCENTIVES + BENEFITS: SThree: The su...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company was established in...