Exports help Halma up to pounds 10m profit
The result, achieved on a 22 per cent advance in turnover to pounds 62m, reflected a one-third jump in direct exports to pounds 18m while sales generated by overseas businesses rose 37 per cent to pounds 33.8m.
While the UK and Continental Europe remained 'relatively depressed', the US and Far East markets were buoyant. Overall, exports accounted for 54 per cent of turnover, up from 48 per cent.
The company also benefited from a pounds 205,000 profit contribution over three months from two acquisitions.
Earnings climbed by 21 per cent to 3.43p and the interim dividend has been improved by a fifth to 0.933p. The shares rose 6p to 220p.
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...