Flotation to value Mutual at pounds 4bn
Friday 02 July 1999
The issue price of the shares is expected to be around 127p, valuing the offer at pounds 1.5bn and the entire group at pounds 4.1bn. The offer includes 297 million new shares issued to raise additional capital, and 874 million shares being sold on behalf of South African institutions and individual policyholders, who received an average of 300 free shares in return for approving the decision to demutualise the company.
Around 2 million out of the 3.2 million policy-holders have decided to retain their shares, a spokesman said yesterday. Investors in South Africa and Namibia have applied for around 20 million shares in the local offer, and UK investors can apply for a minimum of pounds 3,000 worth of shares, either through their own financial advisers or by telephoning NatWest stockbrokers on 0800-210217 before 5pm on Sunday.
Most of the group's business is in southern Africa, but it owns the UK-based broking and asset management business of Capel Cure Sharp, with a portfolio of 15 unit trusts and pounds 9bn under management.
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £750 per day: Cornwallis Elt : SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER- HR- ORACLE- ASS...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Training and Benefits : Harrington Starr: A leadin...
£59999 - £80001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior Manager in...
attractive: Citifocus: Highly prestigious Investment Management house based in...