Fresh move to save 700 Vaux jobs
Thursday 22 April 1999
A group of financiers, local industrialists and brewing specialists is being put together by local member of parliament, Derek Foster. If accepted by the owners, Swallow Group, the deal would save 750 jobs at the Sunderland and Sheffield sites.
Swallow put the breweries on sale with a number of tenanted pubs last year as it focused on hotels and managed pubs. A pounds 70m bid by the breweries' managing director, Frank Nicholson, failed this month; Swallow said it would get more by closing the breweries and selling the sites. Mr Nicholson is not involved in the new bid.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with institutional client serv...
£120000 - £150000 per annum: Cornwallis Elt : Programme Manager, Strategy Lead...
£55000 - £120000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: The Financial Services Tran...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: Client based in West London is looking ...