Heavy trading marks New Holland debut
Saturday 02 November 1996
In early trading the stock fell from the issue price of $21.50 to $21.12 as more than 12 million shares were traded.
Fiat, which formed New Holland in 1991 after taking over Ford's tractor business based at Basildon, Essex, sold 46.5 million shares representing 31 per cent of the company, raising just short of $1bn. The shares were priced in the middle of the indicated $20-$23 range.
New Holland is the biggest tractor manufacturer in Europe and the third- biggest in the US after John Deere and Case. It employs 19,000 world-wide, of which 2,400 are in Britain.
In addition to the Basildon plant, New Holland has its headquarters in Brentford, west London.
Last year the company made net profits of $258m on sales of $5bn.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...