Hoverspeed restarts ferry route in Holyman deal
Thursday 05 March 1998
HOVERSPEED, which is owned by Sea Containers, will restart one of the oldest cross-Channel routes as part of a new joint venture with Australian shipping and transport group Holyman. Hoverspeed will start a new fast- ferry service between the Dover and Ostend in Belgium tomorrow. Dover- Ostend services were operated for 147 years until 31 December, 1993 when the then Belgian state operator RMT transferred the service to Ramsgate in the UK. The new service is part of Hoverspeed's agreement with Holyman, announced yesterday, to take over Silja Line's 50 per cent stake in Holyman Sally for a nominal sum.
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£200 - £250 per day + competitive: Orgtel: KYC Analyst, Key Banking Client, Bi...