HOW BRITAIN'S BIGGEST HAVE PERFORMED
Sunday 22 June 1997
The second-best performing stock was Siebe, which rose 4.85 per cent after the EU cleared its pounds 345m bid for APV. This will expand its industrial plant control systems unit.
The worst-performing stock in the index last week was BSkyB, which fell 16.5 per cent after reports that the company will be forced by the regulator to abandon its interest in digital television venture British Digital Broadcasting. Digital TV is likely to expand rapidly when it starts next year and BSkyB will be denied a major source of potential profits. The unexpected resignation of chief executive Sam Chisholm and his deputy David Chance also unsettled the shares.
The second-worst performing stock was Royal Bank of Scotland, which fell 10.9 per cent. Fears about the risks of investment banking after NatWest's problems, and falling bond prices, hurt stocks. Copyright: IOS & Bloomberg
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...