IMS Group may float football website
Wednesday 28 July 1999
Teamtalk is one of the top 10 UK websites, attracting over 10 million impressions a month - about one-sixth the number of impressions received by Freeserve, Dixons' free Internet service provider.
"We're taking advice from various sources about what it's worth," said Mr Wilson. "Valuations range from huge numbers to not so huge numbers. When you see something like Freeserve go off to pounds 2bn it makes you wonder," he said.
IMS has contracted KPMG and Chase Manhattan to advise on possibilities. "The options range from doing absolutely nothing to doing something similar to Dixons, and everything in between," Mr Wilson said. He added that IMS would consider selling an equity stake in Teamtalk to secure pounds 10m to invest in the online business.
IMS also operates fixed and mobile air-time sales to small and medium- sized businesses, as well as running a live and automated call handling business.
First-half pre-tax profits grew by 45 per cent to pounds 1.19m. The shares yesterday closed up 6p at 247.5p.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£50,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you a professionally qualified commercial ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Loren Hughes: Are you looking for a new opportunity that wi...
Circa £45,000-£50,000 + benefits: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ac...