Investors back Greycoat bid
The pounds 86m cash injection by the UK Active Value Fund, the investment vehicle of Julian Treger and Brian Myerson, also needs the approval of preference and ordinary shareholders. More than 50 per cent of both classes have already said they will vote for the scheme.
Most of the preference holders, who voted down a previous rescue package from Postel, the pension fund, are thought to favour terms that offer them a reduction in nominal value from pounds 1 to 60p, rather than the 40p offered in the Postel plan.
Mr Myerson said indications of support had already been received from 66 per cent of preference holders and from all the City institutions holding ordinary shares.
If the rescue is approved, the UK Active Value Fund will own between 22 per cent and 47 per cent of Greycoat's shares. The Postel plan could have passed up to 88 per cent of the company to the pension fund. The latest scheme involves a five-for-one rights issue to raise pounds 80m, a pounds 6m subscription for shares by the UK Active Value Fund, and a conversion of existing preference shares into ordinaries.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...