Investors cling to PEPs
Monday 22 December 1997
"Many investors are angry about the lifetime ceiling and the reduced annual allowance but they want to make the most of PEPs now whilst they can," said the broker. "We are also encouraged by the Inland Revenue's willingness to review the pounds 50,000 limit upwards and hope that our discussions in January will yield results." PEP fund manager Jupiter has been the best performer, providing more than a third of PEPs, almost three times its nearest rival, Perpetual.
interviewTrudie Styler, the producer and activist, whose film 'Filth' is up for five British film awards, is tapping into the industry's neglected female talent
Black Sabbath have pulled off one of rock music’s great comebacks – against all odds
Theatre's hitmaker Daniel Evans on 'Oliver' and bringing 'The Full Monty' to the stage
Her estate has become the nation's glossiest food empire
Michelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
Parents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
Holly Williams joins the staff at the online grocer Ocado ahead of the last-minute Christmas-food rush at the firm's mammoth warehouse
For broadcaster Mishal Husain, a long-haul Club Med holiday was a chance for her family to explore its sense of 'zen' and 'animation'
Festive snacks don't have to be fiddly
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...