Laporte gains control of Inspec
Thursday 06 August 1998
The price represents a 40 per cent premium to the closing price of Inspec share on 3 August, the last day of dealings before Laporte announced it was in talks that may lead to a deal.
Laporte expects to generate pounds 8m-pounds 10m a year in cost savings though it would not comment on the possible level of job losses. It will take provision of pounds 20m to cover the cost of the integration over the next 18 months.
Inspec's chairman Dr John Hollowood will become non-executive director of Laporte. Gary Corsi, Inspec's finance director will leave with shares valued at pounds 2.5m.
Laporte yesterday reported flat first half profits of pounds 66.8m hit by the strong pound and the Asian crisis.
Inspec shares closed a penny higher at 333.5p. Laporte's shares fell 15.5p to 640.5p.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: The SThree group is a world lea...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000 first year: SThree: The SThree group i...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...