Lavendon founder could scoop pounds 6m
Tuesday 27 August 1996
Now the UK's biggest powered access group, Lavendon announced yesterday its intention to come to the stock market in an autumn placing which values the group at up to pounds 30m. The company's self-propelled scissor and boom lifts and vehicle-mounted hoists, which rise as high as 72 metres, have become familiar sights as television camera platforms at sporting occasions such as the Grand National and the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Yesterday, the trucks were rolling out from some of Lavendon's 1,400 depots to cover the British Masters golf championship at Collingtree, near Northampton. The placing will raise between pounds 8m and pounds 12m for the company to finance expansion and realise the holding of CINVen, the venture capital group that backed the original acquisition of the business.
It will also net a potential profit of more than pounds 5.5m for Mr Price, a former systems analyst with IBM and divisional director with GKN, the engineering group.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...