Lift for Stagecoach
Friday 01 December 1995
Shares in Stagecoach, the highly acquisitive and often-criticised bus operator, rose 5p to 283p on news of a 43 per cent jump in half-year pre- tax profits to pounds 20.7m. The dividend for the six months to 14 October is being boosted by 27 per cent to 2.1p. Brian Souter, chairman, said he was confident about prospects for the rest of the year, and added that the company expected a February court hearing to challenge the Monopolies and Mergers Commission's enforced sale of its 20 per cent shareholding in Strathclyde Buses and Mainline (Sheffield.)
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: Orgtel are seeking Graduate Trainee Re...
£45000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: ** HR Business Partner - Senior H...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: PA / Team Secretary - Mat...