Look who's talking
The business year in pictures
Sunday 21 December 1997
Mr Blair's courtship of business barons has been relentless. It was considered quite a coup for the Labour Party when Lord David Simon, formerly chairman of BP, was given the job of trade and industry minister.
In October Mr Blair received Microsoft chieftain Bill Gates, the world's richest man, to 10 Downing Street - so enraging all of Microsoft's rivals, which understood the PR coup that Mr Blair had handed the software guru.
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Nigella Lawson arrives for second day in court after accusing Charles Saatchi of threatening to 'destroy' her with drug claims
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Associate Dire...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with a strong understanding o...
£50000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Whilst the Real Estate sector was suffering thi...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: The role will suit a fund product specialist, current...