Love Hurts but profits double
Thursday 03 September 1992
Meridian, which won the Channel 3 franchise for the south of England and begins broadcasting on 1 January, would take 'some time' to produce any dividend income, SelecTV warned.
Michael Buckley, chairman, said SelecTV, which itself is paying no dividend this year, might pay one next year; if not it would be sure to the following year.
SelecTV raised pounds 5.6m from its shareholders in December to pay for the Meridian stake. After the dilution of this, earnings per share rose 41 per cent to 0.38p.
SelecTV is producing two comedy series for Meridian, Full Stretch and Thick As Thieves, and a special starring Michael Palin and Tracey Ullman.
The shares fell 1p to 12 1/2 p, compared with the 17p rights price.
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: AIFMD Business Analyst / Consultant - I...
£450 - £600 per day: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Solvency II SME (Pilla...