Lydney's profits hit
Friday 25 August 1995
A pounds 134,000 payment to a former director has all but wiped out the profits of Lydney Containers, a maker of steel security cabinets acquired for pounds 1.7m by plant hire group Shorco in February.
Shorco said Lydney's contribution of pounds 136,000 to the group's interim profits was almost completely offset by the payment, made in compensation for loss of office.
The exceptional charge meant group profits edged up to pounds 313,000 from pounds 306,000 in the six months to February, and cut earnings per share to 3.6p from 4.3p.
John Robertshaw, chairman, said trading at Lydney had been maintained at a satisfactory level and the company continued to seek further suitable acquisitions.
From time to time the company had received approaches that could have led to merger or takeover proposals, he said. To date, none had reached a stage where they could be put to shareholders.
The shares added 6p to 89p yesterday.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server MI Developer needed for Euro...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...