Market Report: Taking Stock
Thursday 09 October 1997
Jardinerie Interiors, an office plants business, sprouted 7p to 84.5p. Takeover talk is in the air. Rentokil and Wyevale Garden Centres could be interested. JI came to market at 114p, went to 155p and then fell to 72.5p after unremarkable figures.
Tension is growing over order-driven trading but Royalblue, one of the software providers, has no complaints. The shares rose 11p to a 259.5p peak; they have climbed 34.5p this month. Profits are expected to be pounds 2.8m (pounds 2m).
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
iJobs Money & Business
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...