Sunday 13 December 1998
EMI, whose recording artists include Garth Brooks, Janet Jackson and the Beastie Boys, has been seeking partners. Speculation has centred on Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. and Germany's Bertelsmann, which last week denied plans for a merger.
EMI's results follow a number of high-level departures and it now says it is seeking a new chairman or CEO, with curr- ent chairman Sir Colin Southgate possibly becoming non-executive chairman.
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
iJobs Money & Business
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with significant product d...
£Negotiable: Citifocus Ltd: Leading global bank seeks experienced credit analy...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with a high degree...
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with superior academics an...