Markets: How Britain's biggest have performed
Sunday 14 September 1997
The market fell despite the Bank of England's decision to leave interest rates unchanged, the first time rates have not gone up since the May election.
Retailers will be the focus this week with results scheduled from Next, Kingfisher and French Connection. Retail sales figures and unemployment numbers for August are due on Wednesday, with the preliminary money supply figures published the following day. These should clarify the inflation outlook. Other companies to report earnings include insurer Sun Life and Provincial, Britannic Assurance and London & Manchester.
Copyright: IOS & Bloomberg
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Support Analyst (Back Office, CRM, Sharepo...
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Bonus, Package : Harrington Starr: Busin...