Sunday 24 May 1998
Chief executive Francis Mackay said worldwide market conditions are "favourable and prospects for long-term growth remain good".
"They quietly beat our forecast," said Fraser Ramzan, an analyst at Lehman Brothers, who has a "buy" recommendation on the stock. "The key surprise is the level of margin expansion." Compass spent around pounds 1bn last year on acquisitions and is now focusing on profitability.
Copyright: IOS & Bloomberg
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£59999 - £80001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 firm in ...
£50000 - £75000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manage...
£60000 - £90000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with institutional client serv...