Midland to create 600 phone banking jobs
Friday 16 May 1997
Midland said it was expanding from its two sites in England and one in Wales to help cope with increasing customer demand. It also announced plans to extend its telephone service to handle calls seven days a week.
The news follows plans announced last month by Midland's First Direct division to create up to 5,000 jobs in Scotland over the next seven years with its new call centre at Hamilton in Lanarkshire.
Keith Whitson, Midland's chief executive, said: "Our new site is designed to help satisfy demand from Midland's customers for banking services by telephone into the next century. We have chosen Edinburgh because we are very impressed with the quality of the local people and the premises."
Have shock jocks gone too far after Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a slut?
Former Google exec says he has 100,000 emails showing how 'immoral' company avoids paying UK tax
Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
World news in pictures
British man faces court after confessing to slitting two children's throats in Lyon flat
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£550 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Fidessa Analyst / PM - Banking - London - Up to £...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: Sourcing Manager - Banking - London - Up to £500p...
To be discussed at interview.: Queen Elizabeth's School: An experienced and ef...
£294.05 - £330.92 per day + 150 per day travel and accommodation: Orgtel: A le...