Mobius attacks HSBC purchase
Mr Mobius, a respected emerging markets commentator with a large following in Asian markets, said yesterday that he was disappointed that HSBC had opted to place the shares with institutional investors rather than going for a rights issue. This would have required HSBC to provide more information and would have ensured existing shareholders' rights were protected.
The placing was a huge success. The shares were sold in less than eight hours at pounds 21, a discount of less than 1 per cent to the market price on the day.HSBC said: "We think the way the market has reacted speaks for itself."
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£850 - £1000 per day: Orgtel: Programme Change Manager - Banking - London - £8...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...