Monument warns on oil tax policy
Saturday 22 August 1998
Reporting a 15 per cent fall in pre-tax profits to pounds 6.7m for the half year to 30 June, Mr Craven Walker (left) said this had been achieved against a corresponding 30 per cent fall in average oil prices. Monument shares were unchanged on the day at 43.5p in a falling market.
Monument said that the sudden fall in the crude oil price has tended to override investor sentiment in the sector and obscure the progress made by the company. Mr Craven Walker said that the economic background for oil and gas producers was particularly difficult.
In the past six months Monument has said that it has made a major new gas discovery in Pakistan, signed important new agreements in the Caspian region and restructured the group's finances.
- 1 Katie Hopkins gives rare glimpse of sensitive side with heartfelt open letter to her children penned in case she dies from epilepsy
- 2 Rihanna's Met Gala dress took one Chinese woman 2 years to make, was reduced to omelette meme in 2 seconds
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 5 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A global leader operating...
£27 - 35k + Bonus + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Management Accountant is needed ...
£40-50k + Benefits.: Guru Careers: A Project Manager / Business Analyst is nee...