Movie menu for Planet Hollywood
Sunday 27 July 1997
The two companies will invest pounds 60m in leisure park sites near UK cities as part of a pounds 180m global investment strategy
Robert Earl, Planet Hollywood's charismatic founder and chairman, said that moving into combined cinema/restaurants was a logical step. "I want to see one of these in every capital city of the world, and I would really like to have one in the centre of London. The Odeon will have to watch out."
Mr Earl owns 28.5 per cent of Planet Hollywood. The shares closed at $26.25 on New York's Nasdaq exchange on Friday, up $2 on the week. After a successful float in the spring of last year, the shares fell to a low of below $20 on fears that Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mr Earl's high profile Hollywood investors, would sell out. The shares have rallied in recent months as these fears have receded.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£50,000 - £55,000: Neil Pavier: Are you a professionally qualified commercial ...
£45,000 - £55,000: Loren Hughes: Are you looking for a new opportunity that wi...
Circa £45,000-£50,000 + benefits: Sheridan Maine: Are you a newly qualified ac...