Newcomers find mixed response
Thursday 29 October 1992
Dorling Kindersley Holdings, the reference books publisher, announced that its share offer at 165p each was five times oversubscribed.
However, a fifth of shares offered by JD Wetherspoon, the pubs operator, at 160p each were undersubscribed, and have been placed with institutions.
Under an intermediaries offer, investors can only apply for shares through a stockbroker.
The two companies had already conditionally placed their shares with institutions. Kindersley received applications for more than 42 million shares, compared with 7 million offered.
As a result, the applications have been scaled down, favouring smaller investors. Those applying for 5 million and more will receive 10 per cent of the amount applied for. Applications for between 2 million and 5 million shares will be alloted about 15 per cent, but applications for less than 2 million will receive 22 per cent.
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
iJobs Money & Business
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A position has arisen within th...
£50000 - £63000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / D...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Applicants must hold a valid SIA Door Su...
£50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Business Analyst - Financial Services - The C...