£20m fund to invest in creative industries
Budding British fashion firms will soon be eyeing up a £20m fund that will invest in up-and-coming businesses across design, creative and media industries.
Ingenious Ventures, whose parent company has a stake in the Creamfields music festivals, said its Media Opportunities Fund will start investing from April. Among the targets are mobile commerce, fashion e-commerce operators, advanced digital marketing providers and high-end fashion designers.
Patrick Bradley, Ingenious's chief executive, said: "The [fashion] sector remains an important, vibrant asset within the UK economy. Look at the success of London Fashion Week. We want to tap into this country's raft of exciting companies."
The fund is an Enterprise Investment Scheme, so, investors are eligible for 30 per cent tax relief on investments made of up to £500,000.
Ingenious has invested £6bn in the creative industries since its launch in 1998.
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Charles Saatchi accepts police caution for assault after trying to dismiss Nigella Lawson row as 'playful tiff'
Google, BT and Yahoo! agree plan to tackle child porn
Exposed: Edward Erin, the doctor whose faked asthma drug test results proved fatal
Charles Saatchi: Taking caution for holding Nigella Lawson's throat was 'better than it hanging over all of us'
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...