£20m fund to invest in creative industries
Budding British fashion firms will soon be eyeing up a £20m fund that will invest in up-and-coming businesses across design, creative and media industries.
Ingenious Ventures, whose parent company has a stake in the Creamfields music festivals, said its Media Opportunities Fund will start investing from April. Among the targets are mobile commerce, fashion e-commerce operators, advanced digital marketing providers and high-end fashion designers.
Patrick Bradley, Ingenious's chief executive, said: "The [fashion] sector remains an important, vibrant asset within the UK economy. Look at the success of London Fashion Week. We want to tap into this country's raft of exciting companies."
The fund is an Enterprise Investment Scheme, so, investors are eligible for 30 per cent tax relief on investments made of up to £500,000.
Ingenious has invested £6bn in the creative industries since its launch in 1998.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£35000 - £55000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...