$3.9bn bonus pot at Goldman Sachs
Monday 18 July 2011
Goldman Sachs, the investment banking giant, is expected to say this week it has allocated a bonus pot worth $3.9bn (£2.4bn) in its second quarter.
While the Wall Street bank's compensation pool for its latest quarter is forecast to be less than the $5.2bn it set aside for staff in the previous three months, the award means Goldman is on track to fork out $15.9bn in pay and benefits this year, according to Bernstein Research. At the same time, the bank plans to cut hundreds of jobs, as part of a programme to slash $1bn from its cost base.
Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Merrill Lynch will also report this week.
Olympic diver has made his modelling debut for Adidas
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
iJobs Money & Business
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Comission: SThree: The SThree group is a world lea...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Real Staffing are currently lo...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000 first year: SThree: The SThree group i...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...