787 Dreamliner flights to resume
The airline with the greatest number of Boeing’s new Dreamliner jets will resume commercial flights with it today, four months after the 787 jet was grounded over safety fears.
Japan’s All Nippon Airways will fly passengers on five 787 flights this month before launching its scheduled services on the aircraft on June 1.
Sunday's flight will carry passengers from the island of Hokkaido to Tokyo’s Haneda Airport. An ANA Dreamliner made an emergency landing in Japan in January after instruments indicated a battery error. That incident, plus smoke and an onboard fire, saw authorities ground the 787. Boeing has been tweaking the battery since January.
Thomson will be the first UK airline to fly passengers on the Dreamliner, with passengers travelling to Cancun and Florida from July 8 expected to be on the Dreamliner.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world
iJobs Money & Business
£23000 per annum + pension and 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ...
£27000 per annum + pension, 22 days holiday: Ashdown Group: An established ind...
£23000 - £26000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£25 - 30k: Guru Careers: A Corporate Actions Administrator / Operations Admini...