Abu Dhabi fund sees returns dip
The Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds, saw its investment returns slip last year but believes that the global economy still offers good opportunities for itself and similar patient investors.
The fund, which does not reveal detailed annual figures but is reckoned to have investments worth more than $600bn (£385bn), said its annualised returns slipped to 6.9 per cent in 2011 from 7.6 per cent a year earlier.
Its managing director, Hamed bin Zayed al Nahyan, said: "Despite facing undoubted short-term risks, the global economy offers many exciting and important opportunities."
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Oklahoma tornado latest: At least 91 dead, including 20 children, as massive storm rips through Oklahoma City suburbs, flattening homes, shops, hospitals and schools
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...