AEA pre-pack deal saves jobs
Nearly 400 jobs were saved by a pre-pack administration deal for the British arm of AEA Technology, the climate change consultancy which was spun out of the Atomic Energy Authority in 1994 and floated on the stock market two years later.
The engineer Ricardo yesterday agreed to an £18m deal to buy the main operating business of Oxfordshire-based AEA out of administration after the business collapsed under a £34.3m debt pile and £165.5m in pension liabilities.
KPMG said the pre-pack administration had also seen AEA's US businesses Eastern Research Group and Project Performance Corporation sold to NEK Acquisition, a new company set up by one of AEA's founders, securing a further 374 jobs.
Ricardo will retain all 400 staff and five offices of AEA Europe.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...