African operator FastJet ready for take-off
FastJet, the new budget African airline, has signed leasing agreements for two aircraft, and poached easyJet and Ryanair bosses.
The carrier plans to launch next month at its first base in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It aims to be flying as many as 15 aircraft on low-cost routes around Africa within a year. Fastjet will take delivery of its second and third A319 aircraft next month.
Fastjet has appointed easyJet's former head of aircraft operations, Rob Bishton, as operations director; Kyle Haywood, former chief executive of Air Uganda,as general manager of Africa, and Ryanair's former training executive, Harun Cordan, as group chief pilot and head of flight operations.
Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, the founder of easyJet, has a 5 per cent stake in the company.
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
£50000 - £667000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / ...
£13000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Scotland's leading life insuran...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Training Programme Manag...