Airbus to open £400m wing factory
Thursday 13 October 2011
Airbus will open its new £400 million wing factory in Wales today.
The facility, the largest factory to be built in the UK in the past five years, will produce the wings for the company's new aircraft, the A350.
Some 650 people will work at the Airbus North Factory in Broughton, Flintshire.
A further 5,000 jobs will be supported by the A350 XWB programme across the wider supply chain, a spokesman for European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS) said.
Currently employing 6,000 people, the 700-acre Airbus site at Broughton specialises in wing production.
The North Factory assembly line will produce the 31-metre wings for the new aircraft, which is scheduled to enter service in 2013.
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
iJobs Money & Business
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you passionate about sale...
£25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A large financial services company...
£20400 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and highly reputable organisat...