Anna Ford signs off from Sainsbury's
Anna Ford, the former BBC news presenter, has stepped down from the board of Sainsbury's after five years. Ahead of its annual meeting yesterday, Sainsbury's also said that Bob Stack, another non-executive, is leaving. His role as chairman of the remuneration committee will be taken by Mary Harris.
At the AGM, just 4.6 per cent of shareholders, including abstentions, voted against the grocer's remuneration report, while just 0.5 per cent refused to back the re-election of Justin King, its chief executive. The company also said it was looking at whether its borrowing costs have been affected by the manipulation of Libor, but it thought it unlikley as "most of our funding is on another basis".
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
iJobs Money & Business
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A position has arisen within th...
£50000 - £63000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / D...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Applicants must hold a valid SIA Door Su...
£50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Business Analyst - Financial Services - The C...