Another fall for Thorntons sales
Thorntons' new chocolate eggs drove a "successful Easter trading period", but this could not offset another fall in underlying sales in the chain's own stores in its latest trading period.
The chocolatier, which has started to exit up to 180 stores, issued three profit warning last year, ditched its recent interim dividend and saw its shares fall as low as 9.5p in January.
While like-for-like sales at Thorntons' own stores fell again by 1.6 per cent over the 16 weeks 28 April, this represented a significant improvement on the 5.5 per cent slump in its first half.
Total sales at Thorntons, including the impact of store closures, fell 2.7 per cent to £62.4m. Its shares fell 3 per cent to close at 24.75p.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...