Antofagasta hit by prices drop
The Chilean copper miner Antofagasta has reported a 7.2 per cent drop in first-half profits, as falling prices and higher exploration costs outweighed the benefit of higher output from its Esperanza project.
London-listed Antofagasta reported a $646.1m (£408m) profit for the period as revenues rose by 3.5 per cent to $3.16bn. Copper prices have fallen about 14 per cent in the past 12 months hit by uncertainty over growth in China, a major investor, and the global economy.
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
The 13 obscure UK laws you didn’t know you were breaking
13 laws you didn't know you were breaking
Car tax disc changes: Make sure you know the new rules from 1 October or risk £1,000 fine
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Account Executive / Client Services ...
£36000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Executive PA to CEO & Executive Dire...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Generalist HR Administrator - Tunbri...
£30-35k + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Management Accoun...