Arrests soon in rate-fix scandal
Tuesday 24 July 2012
International inquiries into the Libor-fixing scandal are soon to result in arrests, it was reported yesterday, but UK authorities still appear to be lagging their international peers.
Reuters said prosecutors in the US had contacted lawyers of suspects to inform them criminal charges and arrests could come in the next few weeks. Regulators in Germany are scrutinising the activities of Deutsche Bank amid allegations of Libor fixing.
But in the UK, the Serious Fraud Office will only decide at the end of this month what are the potential criminal offences allegedly committed, although it has said there is enough evidence to launch an inquiry.
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
iJobs Money & Business
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company was established in...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE 40k: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 busi...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: SThree are a global FTSE 250 ...
Voluntary and unpaid, reasonable expenses reimbursable: Reach Volunteering: St...