Backing for News Corp rebels' motions
Wednesday 10 October 2012
The shareholder advisory group Pirc has come out in support of two rebel motions which have been put forward for News Corporation's annual meeting next week.
Pirc advised its members yesterday to support the proposal to scrap the dual-share structure which gives Rupert Murdoch and his family 40 per cent of the votes despite owning only 12.5 per cent of the shares.
It also backed the motion calling for the chairman and chief executive roles, which are both held by Mr Murdoch, to be separated.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...