BAE wins £500m Norwegian army deal
Defence giant BAE Systems has won a £500 million contract to build and upgrade armoured vehicles for the Norwegian army.
The project will deliver a number of vehicles, including 74 infantry models, 15 for command and 16 engineering.
Petter Jansen, managing director at the Norwegian Defence Logistics Organisation, said: "This is one of the largest army investments and an important part of the Norwegian army modernisation plan."
Tommy Gustafsson-Rask, of BAE Systems, said: "Today's order illustrates the trust there is in Norway for the CV90 family of vehicles.
"We continue to invest in the CV90 system and develop the vehicle to keep it at the forefront of technology and, in particular, to incorporate improvements in protection and digitisation so that it remains the world's most advanced vehicle of its kind."
Have shock jocks gone too far after Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a slut?
The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
World news in pictures
British father faces charges after confessing to slitting his two children's throats in Lyon flat
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Gove...