Barbosa steps down as BG finance chief
Fabio Barbosa is to step down from his role as chief financial officer of FTSE 100-listed oil and gas producer BG Group. He has been on leave since September and returned to his native Brazil for treatment of an undisclosed medical condition.
He will now take up the role of chairman of BG South America, in which capacity he will "provide senior counsel to the company's teams in Bolivia, Chile, Uruguay, and Brazil", the company said.
BG's shares were little changed, ticking up by4.5p to 1,142p. They are down about a fifth since October after the first of several warnings on production levels.
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
Scores killed including seven primary school children as massive tornado causes widespread damage in Oklahoma
David Cameron offers review of civil partnerships as gay marriage Bill clears major hurdle
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...
£150 - £250 per day: Orgtel: KYC Analyst - London - Banking - £150-250/day C...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Gove...