Bats Global close to Chi-X takeover
Friday 18 February 2011
Chi-X, the pan-European trading platform owned by a consortium of investment banks including Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, is believed to be close to agreeing to a $360m (£223m) takeover by US rival Bats Global Markets.
The deal, which could be announced within a week, is the latest in a wave of mergers among exchange companies. Deutsche Börse has agreed to buy NYSE Euronext, and the London Stock Exchange has teamed up with its Toronto counterpart.
The creation of new hi-tech platforms such as Chi-X and Bats has revolutionised trading over the past decade, and led to considerable competition between exchanges. The Bats-Chi-X deal would bring together two of Europe's most successful multilateral trading platforms.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
iJobs Money & Business
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...
Up to £100k or £450p/d: Saxton Leigh: My client is a leading commodities tradi...
£320 - £330 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
To £75,000 + Pension + Benefits + Bonus: Saxton Leigh: My client is looking f...