Best of British gets set to dazzle tinseltown
Monday 04 February 2013
A UK delegation including the chief executive of London's Tech City business hub, Joanna Shields, and the co-founder of Lastminute.com and the Founders Forum, Brent Hoberman, are in Los Angeles this week for the first Innovation Forum to promote media and technology entrepreneurs.
Lucian Grainge, the executive chairman of Universal Music, Michael Lynton, the head of Sony Entertainment and musician will.i.am are hosting the event with UK Trade & Investment and the Founders Forum, which promotes UK entrepreneurs and businesses.
Jeffrey Katzenberg who, with Steven Spielberg and David Geffen, founded the Dreamworks studio and Jimmy Wales who is behind Wikipedia will attend the two-day event.
Trade and Investment Minister Lord Green said: "We have some of the leading lights in the creative industries going LA to showcase the best of what the UK has to offer… The creative industries are a priority for Government."
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
iJobs Money & Business
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with significant product d...
£Negotiable: Citifocus Ltd: Leading global bank seeks experienced credit analy...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with a high degree...
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with superior academics an...