BHP Billiton freezes executive pay to cut costs
BHP Billiton will freeze the base pay of its top executives this year, as the miner cuts costs in the wake of a hefty writedown in the value of its US shale gas business.
Six weeks after announcing the chief executive Marius Kloppers would forgo his bonus for the year to 30 June, 2012, BHP said his base pay would be frozen this year, along with that of all senior management.
Despite waiving his bonus, Mr Kloppers received $9.82m (£6m) in salary, retirement benefits and a long-term incentive plan – 15 per cent less than the year before. Mr Kloppers said last month he would forgo his bonuses after BHP wrote down the value of its shale gas assets in Arkansas by $2.84bn, 18 months after buying them for $4.75bn. .
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
iJobs Money & Business
Not specified: Selby Jennings: VP/SVP Credit Quant Top tier investment bank i...
Not specified: Selby Jennings: Quantitative Research | Global Equity | New Yor...
Not specified: Selby Jennings: SVP Model Validation This top tiered investment...
Highly Competitive: Selby Jennings: Our client, a leading European Oil trading...