Bhs slashes annual losses
Thursday 09 June 2011
The store group Bhs sharply reduced its losses last year.
Its owner Sir Philip Green, the tycoon, said the addition of his Wallis, Evans, Dorothy Perkins and Burton brands into 180 Bhs stores had helped improve its performance.
It also benefited from lower exceptional costs related to the merger between Bhs and Sir Philip's Arcadia fashion group the previous year. Pre-tax losses came in at £7.24m for the year to 28 August 2010, after a loss of £62.11m for the 74 weeks to 29 August 2009. Sales fell to £794.88m from £1.12bn. Sir Philip said: "Most people will tell you it is a tough market place at the moment."
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£200 - £250 per day + competitive: Orgtel: KYC Analyst, Key Banking Client, Bi...