Bond and Bake Offs boost for Aga
Tuesday 20 November 2012
The unlikely combination of Mary Berry and James Bond have helped to give Aga's chief executive William McGrath "an air of optimism for 2013".
Mrs Berry's 18th edition of the New Aga Cookbook will be published early next year and has received a boost from the success of the Great British Bake Off.
Bond's Aga, as seen in Skyfall, probably needs replacing given what happened to his Scottish family home. Aga Rangemaster said that after a late start to its important autumn season, trading for its major brands had shown "some encouraging signs".
Aga volumes are up 4 per cent. Weak sales in the UK were offset by growth on the Continent.
Its long-standing pension deficit is close to being resolved.
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...